The Russian organizers of Madonna’s Moscow concert have sent a request for a second show to the pop star’s management team, Interfax reported Monday.
“The ball is in their court now,” said Anton Atrashkin, PR manager for Madonna’s Russian show, adding that the request had no deadline.
Madonna will bring her “Confessions” tour to Moscow’s Vorobyovy Gory on Sept. 11. Tickets for the show sold out in just four days.
Atrashkin also responded to reports of a threat to Madonna’s safety in Moscow that appeared in the Western media.
The Sun, a British tabloid, reported Saturday that Russian gangsters had threatened to kidnap Madonna and her two children, son Rocco and daughter Lourdes.
Atrashkin said that, while he could not provide details of the security measures that would be taken to protect Madonna in Moscow, the gangsters mentioned in the Sun’s article would have “no chance of causing the singer any trouble.”
Also on Monday, German prosecutors said they had decided against opening an investigation into Madonna after the pop diva performed a controversial mock crucifixion scene at a weekend concert, The Associated Press reported.
A crowd of about 45,000 packed D?sseldorf’s LTU Arena Sunday night to watch the first of two German concerts on the “Confessions” tour. The crucifixion scene recently drew criticism in Italy, and D?sseldorf prosecutors said last week that they would monitor reports about the concert. They did not, however, send observers.
Madonna was scheduled to perform in Hannover, Germany on Tuesday.
source : the moscow times