The icon, 56 – whose 13th album, Rebel Heart, is out now – reveals her secrets
1. My all-time favorite Madonna song is “B*tch, I’m Madonna” – naturally. And my least favorite is “Material Girl.” I never, ever want to hear it again!
2. My favorite city is Rome. It’s so beautiful. The light is soothing and calming to me, the architecture is splendid and the food is incredible. I totally love it.
3. I can’t stand mushrooms. Or escargot. Yuck! It’s like snot. Expensive snot.
4. The person I idolize the most is Paul Farmer. He’s a doctor and activist who rebuilt the health-care system in Haiti even before the 2010 earthquake. He’s done the same in Rwanda.
5. The last time I went grocery shopping was a year ago.
6. I miss absolutely nothing about growing up in Michigan. Nothing at all.
7. The person I most want to meet is President Obama. When the heck am I going to meet him? He just needs to invite me to the White House already. He probably thinks I’m too shocking to be there. I’m serious. If I was a little bit more demure… or if I was just married to Jay Z. Hey, if Jay would only take me as his second wife, then I’d score an invitation.
8. The one thing I’d never be caught dead wearing is a fur bikini.
9. My happiest moments were when my children [Lourdes, 18, Rocco, 14, David, 9, and Mercy, 9] were born and when I got married both times [to Sean Penn and Guy Ritchie]
10. My favorite part of my body is my eyes. My least is my dancer’s feet. They’re pretty disgusting.
11. I have found marriages don’t last if you share bathrooms. The best thing about being single is there’s no one to throw out of the bathroom when I want privacy.
12. The thing I miss least about marriage is being called “the wife.” The worst.
13. My most fattening food indulgence is either pizza or french fries. Or potato chips, actually. Love them all.
14. The last time I was starstruck was when [French actor] Alain Delon called me while I was in Copenhagen during my last tour. I was trying to get him to do an onstage cameo during a small show in Paris. I was shaking because I love him so much! I never met the dude and only knew him from movies. He was my ridiculous teenage crush.
15. I don’t really watch TV. I only like two shows – true Detective and Irish series called The Fall – and I’m not embarassed about them. Many people say, “The Fall with Jamie Dornan,” but I say “The Fall with Gillian Anderson.” She’s so good.
16. The lifelong ambition I still want to fulfill is to go on a dream date with Drake / and only kiss him.
17. The most embarrassing moment of my life was falling off the stage / let me rephrase that, being choked off the stage by two little Japanese girls / at the 2015 Brit Awards. Extremely embarrassing!
18. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was my daughter [Lourdes] playing the ukulele and singing “La Vie en Rose” for me.
19. My secret beauty ritual is to put ice on my eyes every morning. Ice, ice baby.
20. Speaking of, if I were trapped on a desert island with either [ex-boyfriend] Vanilla Ice or Denis Rodman, I would pick Dennis. He has a better sense of humor. Plus, he could always wear my clothes.
21. The quality I most loathe in people is making assumptions. Not doing research, investigating or asking questions and just assuming something. Oh, that drives me bonkers. I also can’t stand when I’m talking to someone and they’re texting. My kids do it! It drives me up the wall. I always put my hand on their phones and ruin whatever they’re doing.
22. I can’t say what my worst date was, but there have been many. I’m a woman of the world, baby. One nonnegotiable attribute in a lover: He must not ever want want to be away from me for more than two weeks at a time.
23. I have a major claustrophobia. I don’t like being stuck in small, enclosed spaces in crowds. They freak me out.
24. My ideal day off is spent lying in bed all day – sleeping for a few hours, then walking up and watching old movies, like my favorite, Breathless. I eat in bed, have my children come and hang out with me, and then I fall back asleep. I never leave my bedroom.
25. My favorite memories of Michael Jackson were getting him to let down his guard. He was so shy. The time I succeeded most was after I got him drunk at the Ivy in Beverly Hills. I was driving my Mercedes and dared him to throw his sunglasses out the window. We couldn’t stop laughing.
© US Weekly